Saturday 9 February 2008

JBS football team win again

Today 2-6 against Robinson College.


And guess who scored five goals...

Yes, me!. Unbelievable. Today it was one of those days when you just kick the ball and it goes in. Specially if you are in a difficult position. I missed two or three easy chances, but surprisingly, I scored three goals with my left leg.

To be honest I scored four and a half goals. The last one was after very good play from Amane, who could have scored had I not kicked it first.

And what makes it more amazing is that I was feeling so bad today before the match. I almost didn't go. I went to the pub night yesterday and I was hangover. I couldn't run for the first half an hour and we even started 1-0 down.

But the team did a very good job and we played much more in their side of the field than in ours. Also, as in our first victory, this rival played less phisical than others. They let us play and we let them play. Less tackles and as a consequence better football.

Marvin -Janine's husband-played as a keeper. Roupen, Haru, Ahmed and Andrey played defense. Andy, Sina, Ken and Amane midfield. And Dihan and me up front.

Sina scored the othe goal, the fifth, in a very good kick after a clear goal chance I missed.

We all finished the match with cramps and couldnt' run anymore. We really need some phisical training. I definitely need it. I could play much better if I were able to go running twice a week. I'm going to try.

In April we play against "the other place", and in May against other MBA teams near Paris during the MBAT. I still don't know if I could go, but I'd like to. There is also a cross country race. And I definitely need to train for this.

No comments: