Saturday 24 May 2008

The Oxbridge Challenge

The event is still running, but as I have good news and some spare time I take the opportunity to write a quick post on the Oxford vs Cambridge MBA Challenge.

First, we won the football match 3-1. We played probably the best match of the season, especially in defense, and that made things easier. Gaylord, Rui and Juan scored. I'm quite happy with my performance as I took part in all three goal plays even if I didn't score.


Second, I won the 5km race. Ok, I was expected to do that, but you never know. And in this case the race was straight after the football match. I just had time to change my shoes and my shirt, less than 10 minutes.


We also won at Cricket, Rowing, Tennis and a few other sports.

Weather was almost perfect and my collegues did a great job organising the event. Everthing worked just perfect.

In the afternoon I played some petanque and we also won!

Then we went back to the school to have some drinks and then to St. John's college for dinner. Miriam, Diego and Leonardo came too, so it was very nice.

Before leaving the college grounds two guys, one from each university, jumped from a bridge into the river Cam. Too much wine...

The party finished at The Anchor, as usual.

No comments: