Thursday 3 July 2008

Running for others

Sunday I'm taking part in the British 10k London Run 2008 to raise money for the charity New Foundations.

Almost everyone at JBS knows about it and support so far has been amazing, but according to Google Analytics there are a few others around the world who visit this blog regularly, maybe because they find it useful, informative, entertaining...
If you are one of those and you want to help, you can sponsor me here: http://www.justgiving.com/paco

To spice things up a little bit I donated 25 pounds and I bet that if I don't make it to the top 25 in the race (out of 25.000 entrants!) I'll double my donation. If I make it, you can double your donation. Many of my friends have taken me on this bet. But it's up to you.

Any contribution is welcome. New Foundations runs medical projects in the Niger Delta where £5 will pay for:
  • seven patients to be treated
  • 10 children to be vaccinated against measles, tetanus, polio and given Vitamin A
  • over twelve months 3 people will receive sight
  • three treated mosquito nets for children
  • Just 80p can provide an antimalarial injection that saves a childs life

Many thanks. I'll let you know how I did as soon as I can, probably Sunday night.

No comments: