Thursday 10 July 2008

Time for farewells

It's been months since I last made my contribution to this blog, mostly because as soon as the kids go to bed, I follow after! especially since Leo is not a great sleeper, although it seems to be getting better now.

However, I am finally realizing that this year really is coming to an end.

All our meetings with friends lately seem to be farewells: last Wednesday was our last day at toddler group (Bounce-a-Round) and Diego got a little goodbye present (which was terribly sweet of you all!); last night we had a Farewell dinner with the MBA wives (picture below); next Tuesday is the end-of-the-year (=my last) Bible Study Group dinner... and on and on it goes. We are regularly invited to Pub nights and dinners to have a chance to say our goodbyes to people who are already leaving... and it's soooooo sad!


Even though I know that closing a door means opening another one and moving on to more exciting things I still feel I'm desperately trying to make the most of my time left here.

This morning I had a lovely walk with the kids through Trinity's gardens, out to Garret Hostel Lane, over the bridge and back through Clare College an on to the Market where we bought fresh bread and focaccia before walking home for lunch. The kids enjoyed meeting a squirrel, a mummy duck with her seven ducklings, loads of canada geese and the white cows on the fields behind King's.

I know Seville is beautiful, but I'm going to miss Cambridge.

No comments: