Thursday 7 August 2008

Kedington 5k

One more race in the UK. It's a pity I only found training partners and the right contacts to go to races so late in the year. But the training paid off and today I won the Kedington 5k. 

This is a very amateur race, with only about 100 runners, but in a very demanding course and with a few good runners. I think I did a good race, clocking 16:20 for the very hilly 5k in the outskirts of Kedinton, Haverhill, Suffolk, not too far from Cambridge. 

I went with Giulio, a running partner from Cambrige. Also Alessandro, another Italian, came to the race. Giacomo and Ben, the other running partners I found this summer were both on holiday. 

I don't have the results or pictures from the race, but as I wanted to test myself I wore my GPS-HRM-sport watch and here you can see all the data about my race. Below the graph showing heart rate, speed and elevation. 

No comments: