Monday 17 September 2007

Miriam's first post!

Hello everyone,

I guess it's about time I wrote something too... what with work at the nursery school, looking after Diego, pregnancy and the removals I didn't have much time and when we first arrived of course I had no access to the internet. But we're online now so here I am!

I'm afraid my posts will be rather more "domestic" since I'll be spending this year at home with the kids, so I hope I won't bore you...

Today was the big day for Paco, with lessons starting at Judge, official photos etc. so I guess he'll tell you all about that... but I also had a busy day.

This morning I had my first appointment with a midwife here, and the best thing is that she actually came to see me at home. Apparently everything is fine, and the hospital should contact me sometime in the next two weeks to give me an appointment for a final check-up before my caesarean. They should also book the operation when I see them, so hopefully mum and dad will be able to book their flights soon too.

At 1.30 Diego and I were invited by Judge Business School to a walking tour of Cambridge with all other partners and children of the new MBA students.... unfortunately today we had the first rain since we arrived (no, we are not complaining!!), but it was a good tour, including King's college and Trinity among others and lots of good stories about students' pranks.

This was followed by tea at JBS with all the students. I got to know some other wives a bit better (I had already met some of them in various occasions, including yesterday's Chilean barbecue) and hope to meet up with other mums soon. The organization is amazing: they even had party bags and crayons and paper for all the kids! Diego thoroughly enjoyed himself and everybody was saying how "cute" he is! I must say he's growing ever so fast and it's great fun to see how much he's learning.

Ok: that's all for now! I'm knackered!

No comments: