Thursday 18 October 2007

With Nanny and Grandad


A short update while Leo sleeps and everyone else has gone out...
Mum (Diego and Leo's nanny) changed her ticket and arrived the morning after Leo was born... leaving from Bergamo at 6.30 am!!! Paco came straight to the hospital with her and she's been a great help ever since: looking after Diego, cleaning, doing the shopping... literally most everything that needs doing so I have plenty of time to play with Diego, feed Leo and rest.

Dad also arrived yesterday evening and they have now gone out for a walk around Cambridge with Diego. I decided to stay in since I have been doing rather a lot: registering Leo's birth, going to church and toddler group and various odd bits of paperwork that needed doing quite urgently. I still have to register Leo with the Spanish consulate and get him a passport... we're still not quite sure which... probably a British one.

Leo is doing fine: the midwife came for her last check-up on Tuesday and weighed him: he is now 2.770, which means that in 10 days he's not only got back to birth weight but has actually put on 260 gr... and he's already spacing out his feeds more, going round for four hours quite regularly. We just hope he carries on like this. By the way: his cord fell off after only three days. Is that some kind of record?? this kid is definitely in a hurry!!

Sometimes I wish I had a little more time to cuddle him, but Diego gets a little bit jealous when I feed and hold him a lot so most of my time is spent with him. Leo doesn't seem to mind, though... he just sleeps!! And Diego really is very sweet: the first few days he was quite upset at mum having been away, but now he wants to cuddle and hold his brother and gives him kisses... which doesn't mean I can leave him alone with Leo!!

Paco is still as busy as ever... he has been catching up on the things he missed while in Spain (yes, it was only one day, but they go ever so fast!) and I think he has some kind of lecture this Saturday too, so I'm glad to have mum and dad's company.

I'll post a photo of the children with grandparents as soon as possible.

A big thank you to everyone for all your presents, cards, mails and phone calls... If I haven't replied personally yet I will do so as soon as possible!

No comments: