Thursday 29 November 2007

Stephen Hawking's lecture and other stuff

I know I know, it's been a longtime since my last post. And you know my excuse: I'm very busy.

In fact many things happened in the past two weeks. My parents and my cousins left and I focused much more into my studies, we lost another football match, we finished lectures for most of the subjects and we started some assignments we need to hand in before Christmas.

That's the stuff I mention in the title after Stephen Hawking's hook. Journalist always use titles to attract people's attention and then they talk about something else...

So the point is that yesterday Stephen Hawking gave a lecture at the Cambridge Union. To be honest I didn't attend, but a classmate sent me some pictures and I thought it would look nice in my blog. He talked (through a computer attached to his wheelchair) about black holes.


Hawkings is a fellow of Gonville and Caius College and is the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge.

That's the kind of story that really inspire and motivate you. You are living in a small city full of geniuses. You may even sit next to a Nobel prize winner for lunch in one of the colleges and don't even notice it. What this man does is really amazing.

Of course I'll never reach this level, not even close, but being here helps me to try and reach my maximum potential. I already told you I felt like if I have learnt more Maths in two months that in the rest of my life. Something similar is happening with my English. I still make mistakes and can't argue as I do in Spanish, but I feel I'm improving a lot. It's good to think I'll still be here for at least seven months.

By the way, Management Science final marks are out and my study group got the highest grade of the class on the group assignment. I also got quite a good mark in the individual exam so I'm happy.

What else happend recently? We are about to finish our CVP with Harambee. It seems the client is quite happy with our work and we are reasonably happy with the results too, so everything seems to be going well.

This week we finished Organisational Behavior, Marketing and Management Practice lectures and need to focus completely on the assignments, projects and study. I promise to talk a bit more about the lecturers, specially about Eden Yin (Marketing) as my friend Fernando requests.

And what I'm going to try to do from now on is writing more often and shorter.

Final remark. Christmas lights are on and the city looks beautiful.

No comments: