Monday 26 November 2007

LINKs

After having all these guests staying with us (it was lovely to see you all, by the way, and thanks for your help!) I'm getting round and about on my own a bit.

A few days ago I went over to my neighbors at Link House for a cup of tea and a chat... I really needed to get out of the house after a few sleepless nights due to Leo's rather nasty cold and cough and the wardens had been over to invite me some weeks ago. I had a lovely time with Nichola and Martin and they again invited me for today's "activity". Link House is a Christian organization that provides cheap(er) accomodation for overseas post-grad students and (in some cases) their partners and childrens. However they also try to make these people feel welcome and settled in in England... hence these activities, especially for the wives who tend to have more difficulties with the language. Today they had organized an english pudding cooking session and in their house on Gilbert Street, so I went along. We made apple crumble, scones (plain and cheese), trifle and lemon cake... and then scoffed them all!!... Diego and Leo both behaved wonderfully and we had a really good time... and I'll write more about it some other time 'cause Leo's howling!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

No, si al final termináis montando un Restaurante!! Entre la afición de tu padre a la cocina, la de Diego y ahora tú haciendo tartas....