Monday 3 March 2008

Geoffrey's birthday

As I said in my previous post we went to Italy for the weekend to join all the Allen family in Geoffrey's 60th birthday. For the ones who don't know it, Geoffrey is my father in law.

It was a fantastic family event because for the first time in a long time all Miriam's brothers and sisters (6 in total) got together with their partners and kids. So as you can see in the picture, we were 32: the 2 grandparents, the 12 parents, the 17 kids plus aunty Elizabeth, Geoffrey's sister.



The venue was the Cascina Colombara, a farmhouse near Pavia where most of Miriam's brothers and sisters live. It was a great idea because there was lots of space and things to do for the kids.


Weather was lovely and I even had the opportunity to see my friend Tommaso, a great marathon runner that I met while training near the cascina a few years ago.

A pity Diego was a bit poorely and wasn't in the mood for too much playing. Anyway, he got there one of his favourites toys, the tractor you can see in the picture and that he now carries everywhere. Thanks to the Gibbons for the present!

No comments: