Thursday 21 April 2011

Alive

Hello everyone. I just wanted to let you know that we are alive and things are going well. I know I should keep posting. Actually I should have kept posting. But I'm just too busy and lost the habit.

In any case, if you are thinking about taking and MBA, here is my advice almost three years after graduation from JBS and after giving advice and getting feedback from dozens of MBA from most of the world best business schools:
  • Make sure you choose the right school for you: your profile, your personality, your career goals.
  • Go to a top school. Top 10 better than top 20. Top 20 better than top 50.
  • Take GMAT seriously.
  • Take English seriously.
  • Don't bullshit in your essays. Be really really yourself. If you are perfect you don't need an MBA. 
  • Start your job search day 1 and narrow down your target companies soon.
  • Be confident, not arrogant, but confident. If you are in you are good. 
  • Work hard. Make the most of every minute. And make friends. 
  • Read books. Leave your laptop and cellphone away a few hours a day. 
  • Don't take a job if you want to start a company. 
 Let's see if after this I feel like telling you more about us.

No comments: