Saturday 27 October 2007

One more week!

I can't believe almost one week passed since my last post. Time is really flying. I shouldn't be writing this post now because Monday we have our first exam and I should be studying, but I needed a break.

What did I do during the week? Well, Sunday we lost our second football match, against Cambridge Assessment, 1-2. It was not that bad but we made a penalty right at the beginning and then scored an own gol in the extra time. A sad story, but as you can see in the picture we were quite happy after the match. The point is just having fun.




Lectures go as usual, very fast, very intense. I feel I'm learning a lot, though sometimes I'd like to have more time to digest what I'm learning. When you start enjoying solving a specific kind of problem you need to move to the next more complicated one. By the way, we have a new Finance lecturer, Simon Taylor, for the second half of the course.

Tuesday was special because Rob Britton, former Marketing Manager of American Airlines, came to give us a speech and then went for dinner with a small group of students. I was pleased to be selected and I really enjoyed the time we spent with him and the Marketing lecturer, Simon Bell. We went to Loch Fyne, a seafood restaurant very close to JBS. He told us lots of profesional and personal stories about the airlines industry and September the 11th.

I'm enjoying a lot courses like Management Practice and Organisational Behaviour that allow you to learn about how people behave within an organisation and as members of a team. Eveyone says that in real business life, what you really use everyday is that kind of subjects, that kind of soft skills, and not Finance or Accounting. If you are good enough, somebody will crunch the numbers for you, and you'll focus in taking the decisions. But of course, you need to be able to intepret the numbers, and that's why Finance and Accounting are so important.

Family is well. Leo is growing a lot and sleeps well, not as much as in the first two weeks, but enough for me. Conversely, Diego is quite jelous and make stories before going to sleep. But he is also growing a lot and learning things every single day. I wish I had more time to spend with him. Miriam is almost fully recovered from her c-section and happy. Judith is being of great help. Let's see how we do when she leaves.

More family news. My dad is coming the 14th of November with my cousins Sandra and Ana. They'll stay five days.

We'll probably go to Spain for Christmas from the 18th to the 28th of December and spend New Year's Eve in Cambridge. Friends and family welcome!

Now I have to go back to my books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PaKele, how do you do? I,m fine and working two weeks ago,thanksfor your question about my menisco fracturte,i, m going to rehabilitation and i,have goods sensationsthanks again. Leonardo is a pretty baby, congratulations for Miriam and you.

best wishes Pakele,
perhaps i,ll see you soon in London ! bye

Que reventón lo de Juande, la culpa de mi compañero letrado Del Nido, ahora se llevará a kanoté y Alves, por cierto ayer vapuleó en el Plus al Valencia y han echado a Quique.

Good Look in the Cambridge MBA !

Anonymous said...

Since you are friend PaKele ?
I am very recovered of fracture of meniscus,tank you very much for your interest and these forgiven for not having telephoned myself, I understand it perfectly.
My congratulation for the birth of your second son, I have seen the photos and less badly than it he seems to his her mother, is very good-looking. They have nominated me a Chief of Programs in the Unit in the one that even it he does little your also you were working, thouhg I wait soon for a better labour news in another administration, your already you know ... high place I secrete at the moment. Phisically I have moved to your former table because there enters the next week a new person who goes to the office to Jose Luis and Jesus has moved to Manolito´s working place. I hope that my Englishman has been correct and you have found out about everything, we wait to meet prompt any weekend of these, HELP UP ATLETI ! Now Juande wants to register Kanuté and Alves, wich silly Del Nido in spite of having left it to go, already we follow writing itself and this way I continue practising English, REGARDS of Gabriel machinates !

Best wishes !

Anonymous said...

Pero que one more week ni que leñes, que habeis sido papás por 2º vez y yo sin enterarme??, vamos, vamos....

Enhorabuena a los dos, y a cuidar de Leo y Diego.

Kike